Living on Your Own (LOYO)
Independence Now's Living On Your Own (LOYO) program empowers young people with disabilities to enhance their Independent Living Skills through a 6-week LOYO PEER BASED course. The cost for all 6 sessions is $325.
To register, please complete the PDF registration form and email it to Shannon Minnick. If you prefer you can print the form and mail it to our office at:
12301 Old Columbia Pike
attn: Shannon Minnick
Silver Spring, MD 20904.
For questions, Shannon can be reached at 240-638-0070.
- Person with a Disability
- Ages 18 to 21
- In High School
- Looking to Enhance your everyday life skills
- Personal Care/Health: Personal Hygiene/Personal Care
- Making & keeping Doctor appointments
- Taking meds
- Personal Budgeting/ Money Management
- Paying Bills
- Opening & keeping a bank account
- Paperwork: Handling Your Business!
- Birth Certificates
- Social Security Card
- SSDI award letter
- Accessing Community Resources
- Housing (where & how to get it)
- Peer Counseling
- Employment services
- Job training
- Food & Cooking
- Healthy Eating
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Keeping House
- Cleaning your house
- Doing Dishes/li>